Sunday, May 13, 2007

Note to self: LOOK AT YOUR OWN BANNERS

You'd think that blogging about "Walk the world" and displaying an actual banner about it on my blog, right in my face, would be enough to remind me to go. You'd think.

But coincidences happen, and sometimes they are awesome.

(Over lunch)

Mom: So Loyac sent me a text today about that walk you're going to tomorrow.
Me (still chewing a mouthful): Huh? Walk? what? who?
Mom: That hunger walk you blogged about.
Me (swallowed food too fast. Pain in the chest. Ouch): but that's NEXT WEEK at least. It can't be TOMORROW.

I dropped my fork and ran to the PC. Guess what, it was tomorrow. Man I'm a hopeless case.
Luckily I called my friend and she was on board even though it was such short notice. I was stuck in traffic on the way to her house, so we arrived a bit late and found that people had already started walking and could hardly be seen. But we put on our "Fight Hunger" tshirts and walked all the same. This was an insignificant detail. We were here to walk and that's what wer were going to do. It was a bit humid but we enjoyed it nonetheless. Nothing beats a walk in fresh air with an old friend. When we reached the finish line we hurried to get some ice-cream from Haagen Dazs. I'm not sure that's standard procedure after taking part in a "Fight Hunger" walk. Oh well.

We had to walk back again to the car, which was really fine since we were having a great time. But by the end we were groaning and whining. She had ballerina flats on which are comfortable for walking in the mall I guess but not for exercising. And I had on my new sneakers which I decided to break in today. Again not the smartest choice!

But the children were going to eat, and we had Haagen Dazs, so it's all good.

No comments: