Wednesday, May 16, 2007

CAIRO BABY

Sis: So what will you be wearing to Donia's wedding? I assume no heels?
Me: YA LAHWI I'M GOING TO DONIA'S WEDDING.

Yep. It's official insha'Allah. I've booked my ticket at the end, il hamdillah (special thank yous are due to my awesome dad, auntie and sister! You guys are my favorite people in the whole universe!). Although I have serious suspicions that Egypt Air might just as well be the worst airline on earth? (I mean if their aircraft is anything like their office.... yikes. Bio hazard. Engines call it a day midway.) I voiced my concerns to dad and he very kindly assured me that, well, it is. Gee, thanks dad. hehehehe
But Kuwait Airways' ticket is ridiculously expensive in comparison, and seeing that I am a teacher on a budget, I couldn't afford to be picky!

I'll be arriving insha'Allah on Thursday afternoon and returning Saturday morning. I am SO excited. I'm going to actually see Donia!!!! THAT IS SO COOL. My heart is so full of happiness it might just burst:) Alhamdulillah.

but seriously..
YA LAHWI I'M GOING TO EGYPT.
YA LAHWI I'M SEEING DONIA.
YA LAHWI DONIA IS GETTING MARRIED.

I call this the "ya lahwi syndrome", I only get it whenever Donia is involved:)

Wow.. It's just so amazing. I hear about people getting married all the time, but it's just a totally different feeling when it's your best friend. I'm SO happy for her. May Allah bless them both:)

Seeing that she is so capricious, I had to double check with her. I wasn't going to venture into that Egypt Aircraft unless I absolutely needed to.

(through a text message)
Me: dandoun, I just finished my reservation. YA LAHWI I'M SO HAPPY. akeeeeeed 3orsek il jmo3a 25th? YA LAHWI ra7 titzawwaji! mish adreh asadde2:D

D: mariooooom ana 7amot min il far7a. YA LAHWI. aywa khalas oltillek sadda2eeni 7atgawwiz insha'Allah. ANA MISH MISADDA2A innik gayya, ana 7asib Ahmed wala a3abbaro bas teegi. 3ala fikra Ahmad byikrahek. YA LAHWI 7ATGAWWIZ. yallah ta3ali!!

This girl cracks me up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam habeebati, Alhamdulillah I'm so thrilled that you'll be going to Donia's wedding. Give her and Lizzy bear hugs from me.

Alhamdulillah. We all have so much to be excited about. So I was reflecting on the "ya lahwi" syndrome. It occured to me that we could capitalize on our thrills if we replace the "ya lahwi's" with "alhamdulillahs"...Excitement, shukr and thikr all rolled into one. What could be better? :)

I am deeply thankful to Allah for you my lovely sis. I miss you tons!

Mar Yoom said...

ALHAMDULILLAH I'm going to Egypt
ALHAMDULILLAH I'm seeing donia!
ALHAMDULLILAH donia is getting married!!

hmm. that works too!!
jazaki Allah khayr sis :D