Monday, May 14, 2007

Bride's best friend in a pickle

I usually just ignore any phonecalls and messages I receive after 10 pm. The reason being that I'm usually fast asleep then and even if I do talk to you or read your messages, chances are I will completely have forgotten about it by the next morning. So what's the point right?

It was just shy of 11 pm. yesterday and I was positively exhausted as I untucked my bedsheets, fluffed my pillow and was getting ready to snuggle in bed. My mobile started ringing, but I didn't plan on answering. It'll just rob the sleepiness out of my eyes. I did however take a peek to see who was calling and was faced with a +2 international code, which means it's coming from Egypt. Which means it's Donia. Which means I was most definitely going to take it. Normal rules do not apply to Donia:) This was going to rob me of sleep alright, but it would surely be worth it.

Me: DANDOUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!
D: MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
M: KEEFEK?????
D: ana 7atgawwiz ba3d osbo3ain
Me: BTITKHAWWATI? walek 7akaitek abel osboo3 ou olteeli wala 7atta 3al saif akeed!!!
D: aywa bas khalas 7atgawwiz ba3d osbo3ain. Ana iktashaft imbare7
Me: YA LAWHI 7atitjazzawi ba3d osbo3ain!!!!
D: YA LAHWI 7ATGAWWIZ BA3D OSBO3AIN.
Me: 7abeeeeeeeeeebet albi kteeer mabsotalek! Tab shoo 3milti? 3indek fostan?
D: la2
Me: ba3atti kroot?
D: la2 asslo inti awwal wa7da ba2olha. ana ma 3miltesh 7aga bas 7agazt fi otel il naharda.
Me: YA LAHWI 7ATITJAWWAZI BA3D OSBO3AIN
D: YA LAHWI 7ATGAWWIZ BA3D OSBO3AIN

That went on for a while, until the calling card was done.
OH MY GOD. This girl is insane! Of all the things that you can't see coming, YOUR WEDDING DATE shouldn't be one of them. How can she have accidentally "discovered" that her wedding is in 2 weeks a day ago? Man that is SO Donia. I just love that girl.

Her wedding is on Friday the 25th of this month, and I SO WANNA GO. But I'm not sure I'll be able to, I'd still have school then. It is too soon. Man.
Yeah yeah I know I was grunting on about weddings a few posts back, and I still despise weddings but that is DONIA'S wedding at stake! I can't miss that. I have to be with her the night before going "YA LAHWI YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED" every 2 seconds. I didn't even meet her husband-to-be, surely I need to approve of him. Okay maybe not, but that's not the point.

I'm sure things are going to change after she gets married. I doubt we'll be able to keep up our every-other-year reunions. I realise that things will change although I'm not sure exactly how much since she is my first friend that I marry off. But I know that with the exception of my mother and sister there is NO one I would need around on my wedding more than Donia. And so I need to be with her on her wedding too.

Me wants to go to Egypt. Someone please come take over my classes for me. Please? Pretty please? You can have the entire contents of the next Godiva box I receive. Yep, it's that important to me. As I always say, you know it's important when chocolates are at stake:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Donia. You two are hilarious. Kul shi ilkom is a spectacle.

Down to business now. YOU HAVE TO GO. Her wedding must be on a weekend, no? You should try your best. Isn't the 25th a Friday? Can you possibly get one-day off work? You can leave Wednesday night, and be back Saturday.

I'm so excited for Donia. May Allah bless her and her fiance/husband-to-be.

Please send me her phone number sisso.

Anonymous said...

878782 Mabrouk for Donia :))
Allah yej3alo zawaj el daher and yebarek feehom o elhom o 3alehom. Amiiin.

I agree with Dalia 787%...

GO!
GO!
GO!

Do not miss it! This is something like once in a life time.

One of my freinds flow from London to Sydney to attend her childhood's freind's wedding, she stayed over the weekend only becoz she had work too. AND she was the maid of honor!

Bi ezen allah it will tozbo6 ma3ek! Yaa raaaaaaaaaaaaaab!

Mariom... Seize Ur day! :)))

Mar Yoom said...

Thanks you guys:D
I'll do my best inshallah!

Anonymous said...

Think of me any time U eat Koshari and if anyone there say: "addikii alaam!", he/she does not want to give u a pencil!

:)))))

LOVE U YAA 3asal inti!