Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I hate Egypt Air

I've been on hold, SINCE YESTERDAY. And I'm not even joking.
The voice of that lady telling me to "please hold" and promising that I will be served soon now makes me wanna kill someone. Preferably her.
On a positive note, I have acquired a new skill. I have now learnt to do everything from typing my lesson plans to brushing my teeth and preparing my latte with a phone on my ear. Granted, my neck has frozen into a permanent tilt no doubt due to a muscle spasm. Not particularly a good thing.

At one point, I became completely oblivious to the presence of the phone, as if it was just another dangling body part. Had anyone at the other end actually started talking to me I would've honestly been startled and probably would've gone blank. But now I know I didn't have to worry about that happening, because they don't seem to have plans of putting my call through anytime this century (yes I am still on hold).

Back to sulking. I need to get in touch with them to get the exact location of their office. I tried finding yesterday based on some "oh I think I saw it there"s and it didn't go well. In fact, it didn't go well AT ALL. Seriously though, how is it humanely possible to have their lines permanently busy even when I call after hours? (Yep, tried that as well). Something smells fishy around here.

And you know what the worst part is? Here I am being all grumpy and yet I cannot entirely enjoy the experience of venting out. Because today as I went up to the middle and high school sections to attend their international day, I happened upon a poster done by the girls quoting Mrs. Nusaiba Al Mutta' (founder of the school and it's philosophy). They drew a girl scrutinizing a zit in front of the mirror.
Underneath it was Mrs. Mutawa's quote:

"It is a sign of great stupidity to ignore all the blessings we enjoy and concentrate on that one single negativity".

Alright alright, I'll stop it. God knows that, even with a temporarily tilted neck, I have so much to be thankful for. Infinitely much.

And I don't particularly enjoy being referred to as stupid. So at least for now, we're putting the stupidity "on hold". Lets hope that I'm as efficient as Egypt Air are in keeping stuff on hold:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The power of google:

Kuwait EgyptAir Sales Office,
Al Sour Tower - Sour Street,
Kuwait Tel: 2425311/2401725
Fax: 242 6209

Mar Yoom said...

hehehehehehehe

I DID try to google it!! Man, I must seriously suck at googling:P

On the other hand...
The power of babis:

He checked it out for me, described the place in details, and I went and got my reservations:)

Thanks so much auntie! I'm counting the nanoseconds to see you:)

Anonymous said...

My pleasure sweetie. Glad you made it. When all else fails, go to ask.com

Anonymous said...

:jumping smiley:

So U are going??!!
This is wonderful! :dancing smiley:

U will be the best looking palestinian bi kol el wedding party! :))

GOOD LUCK!

We want DETAILS lama terja3ee!