Thursday, May 24, 2007

Destination: Cairo

This might be just about the fastest post I've ever written. I'm packed and all set to go. We should leave the house in 15 minutes insha'Allah, so it's tight. I was hoping to sit and write about the colorful mosaic of feelings I'm experiencing... breathtaking excitement, happiness, nostalgia, and a million things more..

I'm going to be the bride's best friend! That's major right? I'm gonna be delegated responsibilities and stuff:) yay! I feel so excited. I just got a message from Donia telling me she's more excited about my arrival than the actual wedding. Usually this is considered a friendly exaggeration, but in the case of Donia, she means every word of it. Man I can't believe we'll be together in a few hours' time. Can a heart literally burst into dance? Cuz mine is just about to:)

I'll be flying Egypt Air and I must say I am significantly worried. And that hilarious sound file some very thoughtful family members made sure I received had quite the effect. I was thrown on the floor laughing at first, but then the hourly panic attacks started. I hope you guys are happy now.
hehe

Just in case I don't make it back, here's a very very quick confession list (the actual list would take a day to finish):

Dalia: you did eat that Fosto2-spit-covered chicken breast. But hey, you're alive and functioning, so lets concentrate on the bright side, shall we?

Oh what do you know, that's the only thing troubling my conscience at the moment. Phew, feels great to get it over with.
I must get going. I won't be blogging for a couple of days, but I should be back on Saturday with a great deal to share:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having said how happy I am for Donia and the fact that you will be with her to share this day with her.... (yes all this can be inferred from the title above)...

I move on now to more important things. What? How is telling me to get over myself about eating cat spit considered conscience relief on your part? How do you consider this a confession when all you did is rub my face in something I already painfully know (with no apology)?

And painful it is. You see, with cat spit... eating it once is a misfortune (wet falafel anyone?), but twice is just plain DISTURBING.

So thank you. LOL.

With these joyful memories, I get back to work on my thesis.

This aside, I still hope you have a lovely time in Cairo, so excited for you, Donia and Lizzy :)

Anonymous said...

Now U will get to see those Egyptians kids U like! :))

Tro7i o terja3i bel salameh yaa Gamar!

U must tell us bel details about this experience! PLZZZ!

We will miiiisssss UUUUUUUUUUU!

:))

Anonymous said...

So I've been refreshing the BBC New's website all day half-expecting to read the headline:
"Cairo In Horror As Foreigner Speaks Unrecognizable Form Of Disfigured Egyptian Dialect"

Meh, I guess they dont update their page frequently enough :P