Sunday, June 03, 2007

All set to go

Only the luggage at the door is not mine. Boo Hoo. Tonight, mom and dad will be heading to Boston to meet my sister, my brother coming down from Montreal, and later my auntie from Toronto. The reason for this family reunion? My smarty-pants sister's graduation of course!
(more on my delirious happiness in a second)

Right now however, I have some concerns to voice out. Lately I have noticed that the word "family reunion" has been used loosely. A lot of those so-called family reunions have been taking place in continents near and far. Which is a delightful thing really, if it wasn't for a teenie weenie problematic detail. I am NOT included.

Which is the reason I call for the establishment of a guiding set of rules for any future family reunions (yep I'm letting you guys get away with this last one).

Effective June 19th, 2007.

Alhusseini Family Reunion Code of Conduct:

1. It is only a family reunion if at least 3 family members from 3 different cities/countries/continents are present at the same time. Naturally, the more the merrier!
2. "Family" here refers to parents, siblings, grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins and crazy fat cats.
2. One of these 3 or more people must be me.

Oh what do you know, that's not too complicated now is it?:)

I would go on sulking about being left out, but I honestly can't get myself to. I'm SO excited for my sister! So proud! So happy! I love you sis. You're awesome! This is yet another occasion for me to brag about having a brilliant sister. I'm hoping that with enough sisterly exposure some of the brilliance will rub off on me:)

Dad will be away for two weeks, while mom claims she'll return in 9 days. I use the word "claim" because after taking a look at the sheer amount of food she's left me in the freezer, I am having my doubts. And so would you if your mom left you enough food to last you at least 6 months. That or she'll return in 9 days to find me extremely fat.

In a way, this will be a test drive of my upcoming year away from the parents. I have gotten so used to having them around. It's such a joy, that I will dearly miss. So yeah, expect some serious nostalgic posts during those 9++ days of my mom and dad's absence.

And just in case you're wondering, no of course I'm not scared. I resent what you're insinuating. A scaredy cat? Me? Feh.
I'm telling you I am on top of things. I just wish I had our baseball bat back in Amman handy. No matter, my brother's size 48.5 boots will more than suffice it.

Hey wait a second, why is mom taking winter clothes?? It won't be winter till December. Mom? moooom???

Oh well at least I won't starve to death.

No comments: