Monday, June 04, 2007

Home Entertainment

I've braved out the first night, and I must admit I'm pretty proud of myself. There was that momentary panic attack when I heard distinct voices coming from my parents' bedroom. I was frozen in fear for a second. I wasn't hallucinating, there were definitely voices in there. Further investigation revealed the culprit to be my dad's radio. Apparently, it suddenly decided to turn on and announce news in the middle of the night. Never mind the mental well being of a 23-year-old girl.

Come morning, it took me twice as much time to get ready for work. But you wouldn't find it surprising when you consider that I complied with a sudden urge to take a long shower, then open my wardrobe and play dress up. Don't even ask. But I saw no harm in indulging my whims. Plus I managed to get to work on time (the blessing of being an early bird!).

Another urge was to prance around the multitude of empty spaces in the house. What, a girl must keep herself entertained. As I was about to leave the house, I had the luxury of choosing which car to use. After a couple of minutes in contemplation (during which I think I might have dozed off), I settled on the jeep. It was a close call, but the fact that it had a CD player gave it the edge. Oh and I was happy to find out that dad had left it with a full tank. Aren't dads the best?

On a weird note, it seems I've lost a bit of my appetite for the last 17 hours. Which isn't exactly a usual occurrence. Last time I lost my appetite was when I had just finished reading Harry Potter and SHE KILLED DUMBLEDORE (yeah I don't think I'll ever get over that). I remember I also fought with my whole family, as if somehow they were responsible for his sad sad and untimely death. But anyway, back to my diminishing appetite. Not that I'm worried (lets face it, even my mourning for dumbledore's death didn't stop me from devouring Dalia's lunch menu. Boy does this girl know how to cook), but just for fun I was trying to pin point the underlying cause. At the end I figured it must be one of the three:

1. Somewhere in my subconscious I have a serious fear that mom abandoned me and so I am rationing my food supply.
2. I don't feel like dish washing. And eating over the sink is uncomfortable.
3. I have to make weight in time for my next boxing championship.

Of course I don't really box, but I thought it would make a good reason.

As you can see, I have managed so far to keep myself entertained thanks to such spur-of-the-moment crazy whims. This post being one of them. But the inspiration is dwindling. I'll soon run out of self-entertainment measures. Which is when I'll start my mushy-wushy saga:) Give it a day max.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are sitting here all piled up on mom and dad's bed. Keeping them awake so they wouldn't fall asleep before it is actually advisable so we can have a normal life tomorrow.

But normal it cannot be, because you are missing my sistah/daughta (sister, really cause this is Dalia)..

But we are all here, shaking with laughter at your posts. You are with us in hilarious spirit... and we hope that you do manage to keep yourself (and us) entertained.

Oh, and mama says, that if you don't turn the radio off..like really... it will do that every night. For two weeks. (or until they return, which might be next spring.. what they did bring winter clothes?)

But really now.. you are sorely sorely missed.

Mama is just giggling, and the brother making fun of me.

And we think it's weird that our personal life is on a blog.

Next time we email you.

we luvs you.

come quick!

Mar Yoom said...

I want to be piled up on mami and babi's bed too! NO fair! mish la3beh:P

About the radio, don't you worry mama, I turned it off alright (a little too enthusiastically maybe...umm,I have doubts it'll ever work again:P). Because really, another scare like that one would be the death of me:P

Abandoning or not, I love you my dearest familia! And be sure to remember the old wisdom that says "A gift a day for those away, is all it takes for love to stay"!

wow such wisdom (and to think I just made it up:P)

so we have 4 family members... 9 days... that'll be like what 36?
Gee, I better go find storage space!:P

Jhon Lee said...

Its always good to learn tips like you share for blog posting. As I just started posting comments for blog and facing problem of lots of rejections. I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if its work for me too.
transcranial magnetic stimulation therapy